Oracle GoldenGate 12.3 is available
A new version of Oracle GoldenGate 12.3 has been released on Friday, 18th August. This is a brief summary what are the new features.
New platforms are now supported:
- SQL Server – with the new CDC-based binaries for versions 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016,
- IBM DB2 for i 7.3,
- IBM DB2 for z/OS 11.1,
- IBM DB2 for LUW 11.1,
- Oracle 12.2,
- MySQL 5.7.
There is no support for:
- IBM DB2 for LUW 9.5,
- SAP/Sybase ASE 16.0.
2. Oracle database key features
- new Microservices Architecture (MA) – a completely new approach for deployment – every process is now a RESTful service,
- parallel replicat,
- automatic Conflict Detection Resolution (CDR),
- replication of PL/SQL procedure calls (database is 12.2),
- database sharding,
- PDB: local databases can have different charsets (database is 12.2).
There are separate binaries for OGG MA and for OGG legacy version.
3. Important changes
- Increased SCN length from 6 to 8 bytes,
- Oracle GoldenGate Director is now deprecated,
- Reverse utility is deprecated.
Look for all the details in the documentation for Oracle GoldenGate 12.3.